Quick Information: The Indian Ministry Of Social Justice And Empowerment Has Been Launched In accordance with the directives of the esteemed Unique Disability ID. The “Unique ID for Persons with Disabilities” project is currently underway, aimed at establishing a comprehensive National Database for individuals with disabilities (PwDs) and providing each of them with a Unique Disability Identity Card. This initiative not only promotes transparency, efficiency, and the seamless delivery of government benefits to people with disabilities but also guarantees consistency. Furthermore, the project plays a crucial role in simplifying the monitoring of both the physical and financial progress of beneficiaries across all levels of implementation, spanning from the village and block levels to the district, state, and national levels.
Department Of Empowerment Of Persons With Disabilities
Physical Disability ID Card Registration 2023
Registration For UDID Card
- Registration Start: 01/01/2016
- End Application: NA
- Fee Payable Last Date: NA
- General /OBC / EWS: 0/-
- SC / ST / PH: 0/-
- No Applicants Fees Payment options.
Physical Disability ID Card Registration 2023 Age Limit
- Minimum Age: NA.
- Maximum Age: NA.
- More Information Read Notification
Physical Disability ID Card Eligibility
Physical Disability ID Card
- All Persons that are Disabled.
- More Information Read Notification
Physical Disability ID Card Advantages
- The primary objective of this project is to empower individuals with disabilities (PwDs) to acquire the new UDID card/Disability Certificate, enabling them to access the government’s array of schemes and benefits offered through its different ministries and departments. Importantly, this card will hold validity across the entire country. The UDID portal will serve as an online platform with the following key functions:
- Facilitating new applications for UDID.
- Handling the renewal of existing Certificates/Cards upon expiration.
- Providing assistance in case of a lost card/certificate.
- Additionally, the UDID Portal will offer valuable information on the various schemes and benefits available, guidelines for applying for a Disability Certificate/UDID Card, success stories, avenues for suggestions and feedback, instructional manuals, and more
Types Of Disabilities For Physical Disability ID Card
- Step 1: Understand Eligibility Criteria
- Individuals eligible for applying for a UDID Card must have disabilities falling under specific categories as defined by the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995.
- Step 2: List of Disabilities
- The following disability types are eligible for a UDID Card:
- Blindness: This includes total absence of sight, visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 in the better eye with correcting lenses, or limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Cerebral Palsy: A group of non-progressive conditions characterized by abnormal motor control or posture resulting from brain insult or injuries during prenatal, perinatal, or infant development.
- Low Vision: Impairment of visual functioning even after standard refractive correction but with potential for using vision for tasks with assistive devices.
- Locomotor Disability: Disability of the bones, joints, or muscles leading to substantial limb movement restriction or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Leprosy-cured: Individuals cured of leprosy but experiencing conditions such as loss of sensation in hands or feet, manifest deformity and paresis, or extreme physical deformity and advanced age preventing gainful occupation.
- Mental Retardation: Arrested or incomplete development of the mind characterized by subnormal intelligence.
- Mental Illness: Any mental disorder other than mental retardation.
- Hearing Impairment: Loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
- Step 3: Check Eligibility
- Determine if your disability falls within one of the listed categories.
- Step 4: Apply for UDID Card
- If your disability matches one of the listed categories, you can proceed with applying for the UDID Card as per the defined process and guidelines
Physical Disability ID Card State Details
For Persons with Disability (PwDs) in States with Migrated Data (MP, Gujarat, Tripura, Haryana, UP):
Step 1: Check Data Migration
- Verify if your PwDs data has been migrated to the UDID Portal. (Applicable for PwDs in MP, Gujarat, Tripura, Haryana, UP)
Step 2: If Data Not Migrated
- If your data hasn’t been migrated, you should apply as a new applicant.
- Select the option “Have Disability Certificate? Yes” in the Disability Details Tab.
- Complete the application by providing all required details.
- Submit the application.
For Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) Without a Disability Certificate
Step 1: Start Your Application
- Begin your application process if you don’t have a Disability Certificate.
- Choose the option “Have Disability Certificate? No” in the Disability Details Tab while filling up your application.
Step 2: Complete the Application
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary information as requested.
- Ensure you provide accurate details.
- Submit your application for processing.
In both cases, it’s important to carefully review your application before submission and ensure that all required information is accurately provided.
How To Apply For Physical Disability ID Card
To Apply for a Physical Disability ID Card follow the Process Given Below:-
- Step 1: Personal Details
- Begin by providing your personal information, which includes your name, address, and contact details.
- Step 2: Disability Details
- Next, you’ll need to provide details related to your disability. This may include the type and severity of your disability.
- Step 3: Employment Details
- Provide information regarding your employment, which may include your current job status or occupation.
- Step 4: Identity Details
- Submit your identity information, which typically includes details such as your date of birth, nationality, and any relevant identification numbers.
- Step 5: Download the Form for Reference
- To see exactly what information is required in the application, click on the “Download Form” option. This will provide you with a detailed reference document.
Step 6: Document Requirements
- Ensure you have the following scanned documents ready for online application:
- Recent color photo.
- Scanned image of your signature (optional).
- Scanned copy of your address proof (e.g., Aadhar card, driving license, state domicile, etc.).
- Scanned copy of your identity proof (e.g., Aadhar card, PAN card, driver’s license, etc.).
- A scanned copy of your Disability Certificate (only for those who have been issued a disability certificate by the competent authority).
- Make sure that all the scanned documents are clear and in the required format for online submission. Double-check your application for accuracy before final submission.
Thanks For Visiting!
Some Useful Important Links
|Disabled ID Card Download